This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of my links, I may receive a small compensation at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Penny Pantry! Read My Disclosure Policy
This is the pie I made for my daughter’s birthday. She prefers pie over cake, and I like that this pie takes a fraction of the time it would take to make a traditional cake!
The filling is made with Wowbutter and silken tofu, and the crust is made with Oreo Cookies.
The original recipe calls for peanut butter which you can use, but as we are peanut-free at out house, I use Wowbutter instead.
This is truly a delicious and easy pie to make, and only requires about 20 minutes hands on time. It is very rich, so I put it in the occasional treat category. We tried out the new vegan Reddi-Wip with it, which was really good!
Kids and adults alike both enjoy it. I have made this for adult company who were not vegan but were dairy-free, and they enjoyed it very much. The next day, they were leaving me numerous messages for the recipe so they could make it for guests they were having over. 🙂
My daughter’s friends asked me to make this for them every day. They really liked it! Everyday? Hmmm, no 🙂 But I will make it for you on your birthday. ♥
- 1 Oreo Cookie Crust, unbaked (Recipe follows)
- 1 cup WowButter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz. Firm Silken Tofu, drained This is the tofu that comes in the little boxes, 11-12 oz. You will need to buy two boxes to get 16 oz.
- 25 Oreo Cookies For the crust
- 1/3 cup Melted Vegan Butter (I use Earth Balance) For the crust
- First, make the crust: Slightly break up the Oreo Cookies by hand, then grind into crumbs in a food processor. Make sure no whole pieces are left. Add to a mixing bowl along with the melted Vegan Butter. Mix together with a fork until well combined. Press firmly into a 9 inch pie pan, covering sides and bottom. Refrigerate until firm, overnight for best results.For the Pie: Combine the WowButter, Tofu, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract in a food processor and blend well until smooth. Scrape sides down a few times while blending. Pour into the chilled crust, and smooth top. I use a pastry spatula. You can also (very lightly) swirl a design in the top, like the heart I did. Refrigerate 2 hours. Extra delicious with a vegan topping, such as the Reddi-Wip we used, or a homemade coconut cream, etc. Enjoy! 🙂
This is the spatula I use to smooth the top of the pie. It is a special “offset” pastry spatula that will effortlessly smooth out the top. I also use this to smooth out the top of my tofu quiche. It’s like a little magician’s wand! 🙂