This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of my links, I may receive a small compensation at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Penny Pantry!
This is my version of the 2-ingredient Banana-Oat Cookie that has been floating around the internet for awhile. I experimented with variations of those, and came up with these.
This is quite possibly the easiest and healthiest cookie you will ever make! It has no added sugar or fat. It is super yummy, too! I always have these ingredients on hand which makes it easy to make a quick healthy treat. You can have cookies warm from the oven in no time!
I found that I prefer to keep the oats whole, which differs from some other recipes that grind the oats into flour.
A handful of mix-ins is nice with this, too. I’m partial to raisins, dates and chocolate chips. Lily’s makes a sugar free chocolate chip if you want to use chocolate chips and keep these 100% sugar free.
I like adding the applesauce, as I make applesauce in the Fall and freeze it for the year. I only have one apple tree, but I’m always looking for creative ways to use it up. You could also leave out the applesauce altogether and just use the bananas (add in an extra 1/2 cup bananas).
These cookies are great to take on the go. I like to bring them on overnight trips too, so I know I’ll have something quick and healthy available when my food choices are limited.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do! Let me know if you come up with any other variations, as they are easily customizable. Enjoy! 🙂
Here is the equipment I recommend to make these:
I use the middle size cookie scoop like the one in this set. I tried the smaller one, and the larger one, but the middle one was just right! I use the larger one for muffin batter.
I use a non stick liner in my baking sheet like this:
I use these cooling racks:
Other than that, I use a bowl and a wooden spoon and mix by hand. It couldn’t be any easier! Enjoy! 🙂
Banana-Oat-Applesauce Cookies (oil and sugar free)
- 1 cup Mashed Bananas, very ripe (about 3 bananas)
- 2 cups Whole Oats
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 (total) cup Mix-ins of choice: Chopped Dates, Nuts, Chocolate Chips, Coconut, Dried Fruit, etc.
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup or Dry Sweetener Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas well in a medium size mixing bowl. I use a bean masher.
- Mix in applesauce.
- Stir in oats and cinnamon. Add more oats if it appears too wet. This photo shows the consistency I like.
- Add in your mix-ins of choice if desired, and optional sweetener.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop to form rounds onto a baking sheet fitted with a non stick liner.
- Flatten rounds slightly with water dampened hand, to the thickness you like. (Getting your hand wet prevents the dough from sticking to your hand). These will not spread, so they will remain the same size.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 15 minutes. They should be lightly brown. Cool on tray for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. They are delicious warm or cold, especially with a tall glass of ice cold Almond Milk! Enjoy! 🙂