This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of my links, I may receive a small compensation at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Penny Pantry! Read My Disclosure Policy
Here is a breakdown of a Safeway Shopping Trip my husband did tonight. Daughter needed some sandwich items for school tomorrow, and I never pass up the opportunity to pick up Weekly Deals!
Safeway app offers can vary by user, and for a couple of items I got with those, YMMV.
Note that some prices & sales may be regional, I’m in the San Francisco Bay Area. These prices are advertised at least thru Tues., 10/15, and some will go past that date.
- Barilla Vero Gusto Pasta Sauce $5.99 – $6 Ibotta Rebate=FREE!
- 4 Talenti Sorbetto $2.88 Sale thru Oct. – $6 ($1.50 ea.) Checkout 51 Rebate=$1.63 ea., total $6.48
- Sourdough Round Bread $2.99 Reg. price
- Nature’s Own Sandwich Bread $2.49 (Weekly deal, must clip or click coupon)
- Nutritional Yeast .69/lbs. @$8.99/lb.=$6.20
- O Organics 1 lb. Spring Mix Salad Pak $5 Everyday price, $4.10 (Safeway app coupon)
- Iceberg Lettuce $.98 (Safeway app coupon)
- 3 Avocados, Large Hass $1.25 ea. Weekly Sale -$.75/3 Safeway app coupon=$1 ea., $3 total
- Cucumbers $1 ea. Everyday price
- 5 Powerade $.69 ea. Weekly Sale – $1 Safeway app couupon=$.49 ea., $2.45 total
- – $.25 Ibotta any item
Grand Total: $29.44
(after all coupons & rebate apps)
…For a jar of Barilla Gourmet Pasta Sauce, 4 Talenti Raspberry Sorbettos, 1 Round of Sourdough Bread, 1 loaf of Nature’s Own Sandwich Bread, almost 3/4 lb. Nutritional Yeast, 1 lb. Spring Lettuce Mix, 3 large Avocados, 1 Cucumber, and 5 Powerade Drinks!
Compared to Regular Prices of $70.15=savings of $40.71!