This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of my links, I may receive a small compensation at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Penny Pantry! Read My Disclosure Policy
Daughter and I headed out to Safeway yesterday to take advantage of some of my Weekly Can’t Miss Safeway Deals.
I hadn’t shopped in-store in awhile, as Mr. Penny Pantry has been doing most of our shopping during these COVID times. Now that he is recovering from his broken back, however, I geared up with my gloves, donned my mask handmade by daughter, and headed out! It was nice to be back at the store, doing my deals!
These deals are all good thru Tuesday, 6/9, and some may extend beyond that.
Unless otherwise stated, just use your Safeway Club card to get these prices! I note if you have to click an app coupon, or clip from the flyer.
Here’s the breakdown of what I purchased:
- 4 Ears Corn on the Cob $.25 ea.=$1
- 2 Watermelons $5 ea. Buy 1 Get 1 FREE=$5
- Cherries $3.39
- Strawberries one pound $2.29 (on sale for $2.50, I had a coupon clipped for $2.29)
- 2 Chex Mix $.99 ea.=$1.98 Must clip or click coupon
- 4 English Muffins $.99 ea.=$3.96 Must clip or click coupon
- 1 loaf Safeway Sandwich Bread $.99 Must clip or click coupon
- 4 asst. Sig. Select Pastas 4/$5=$1.25
- 1 Pagasa Spaghetti $1.09
- 4 Clif Bars $1 ea.=$4
- 1 Luna Bar $1
- 2 O Organics Whole Wheat Pastas $1.50 ea.=$3
- 2 Oui Coconut Yogurts 4/$5=$2.50
- 2 Bush’s Vegetarian Beans, 28 oz. 2/$5=$5
- 1 Earth Balance Butter, marked down 25% off $3.74
- 3 Boxes Triscuits Part of Buy 4 Sale, Must buy 4, mix/match $1.99 ea. (Checkout 51 rebate for $1/2 Triscuits)
- 1 Box Ritz Crackers Part of Buy 4 Sale, Must buy 4, mix/match $1.99 ea
- 1 bai Drink $1.99 (FREE with Ibotta Rebate)
- 1 Silk Oat Yeah Milk $2.99
- 4 A&W Root Beers $4/4=$4
- 1 Pack Trident Gum $1.25
(I also bought 2 distilled waters, which I don’t count in food budget)
Coupons used: I had a 10% off total purchase coupon my husband got for his Shingles vaccine.
-$1 for a Reward I had saved.
Also, I used the Safeway “clip or click” coupons I indicate above.
Grand Total: $59.95 paid after coupons
-$3.20 for water
Ibottas will redeem: $1.99 for the bai
Checkout 51 will redeem: $1 for buying 2 Triscuits
Total after rebates: $53.76 for 54 items, about $1 per item!
How I could have done even better: The crackers were a bit more than I like to pay, but my family really wanted them! I like to pay about $1 per box usually. Since I had the extra 10% off coupon, I conceded on that a bit. I also could have used the Oui coupon in last Sunday’s newspaper if I were buying four. I usually buy my milk for the equivalent of $2 per half-gallon at Costco, but the kids were almost out of the sweetened milk they like. Also, I was planning to get Country Crock plant butter and redeem the $1 Checkout 51, but my store was out! I was happy to find the Earth Balance marked down, though. And, finally, I like to pay $1 per box for pasta, but we were currently out and stock at the stores here have been inconsistent lately.
Happy Saving! <3 Amy
You can see ALL My Weekly Safeway Deals HERE:
(plus, I’ll have the new week posted Tuesday!)